Ports are seeing larger-than-usual volumes of containers arriving for the Christmas period…and, in some cases are struggling with congestion. Meanwhile, Harvey is disrupting the flow of containers in the Gulf and beyond as ships that traditionally stop in a few ports, wait out the storm before entering Gulf ports. Both oil exports and imports are on hold. What is unusual with Harvey is the longer duration of the disruption – as the storm lingers until Thursday. Harvey is getting personal – my daughter is watching the waters rise by her house. We're hoping she doesn't lose her car and first floor.
More disruption news – the CSX rail melt-down continues – but will get better soon (or that is what is being said by management)!
We are looking for a good candidate to fill an opening before one of our highly rated, follow-the-sun, support team retires. Key attributes:
- Doesn’t work for one of our clients
- Has strong knowledge of WMS
- Is an IT professional with 4+ yrs experience, BA/BS preferred, and a track record of learning complex software quickly. Technical skills desired are Excel and SQL. Some knowledge of Linux, Windows 2012, SQL server or Oracle, and web technology would be helpful
- Has above average intelligence
- Can work from home 95% of the time and travel 5%