Last week, Mike Green and I witnessed a brilliant conference. Congratulations to the TPA (Trading Partner Alliance) for:
- Excellent case studies with practical, scalable results. Example: dock scheduling issues at the manufacturer cause 14% of shipments to miss their appointment time/date at the grocer
- Good team cooperation between manufacturers and grocers. Example: leveraging grocer fleets for backhauls
- A true learning experience! Example: freightwaves can predict spot rates based on carrier rejection rates – and predict where there will be a shortage of vehicles
There are numerous things that I need to share over the next weeks – but first a clarification/correction. I said Convoy, the digital freight broker, is providing trailers to speed freight movement. True BUT:
- Only on a shipper-by-shipper basis
- Only dry – refrigerated vans will be available soon
- The reply to “how many trailers” was basically “enough to meet shipper needs"